- A DUI or DWI or any serious moving violation
- An instance of being caught driving without insurance and/or without a license
- An at-fault accident while driving without insurance
- Repeat traffic offenses or too many tickets in a short time period
- A revoked or suspended license
What Is an SR-22?
An SR-22 is often required for a driver to reinstate or maintain their driving privileges after certain traffic-related offenses. It’s also sometimes known as an SR22 or a Certificate of Financial Responsibility.
IS IT A TYPE OF CAR INSURANCE?
How do I know if I need an SR-22?
Your independent agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company’s level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What’s the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Please feel free to contact us for a free no obligation quote. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.